Quick Start Guide
This Quick Start page is offered as a way to get you running quickly with your new Spartan GoCam.
First things first. You will need to set up the camera for programming:
- With the power switch OFF, insert batteries into the battery compartment. Use (recommended) 12, 8, or 4 (emergency, left 2 columns) 1.2-1.5v AA batteries.
The following types of batteries can be used:
- High-performance alkaline
- Rechargeable NiMH
- Insert an unlocked SD card (up to 32 G) into the SD card slot. Refer to the card symbol on the case for proper orientation.
- With the rubber gasket between the base of the antenna and the antenna jack on the top of the camera, screw the antenna onto the antenna jack. The rubber gasket must be in place to prevent leaks. Make sure the antenna is screwed in all the way but be careful not to over-tighten it.
Now you will need to activate the data service to be able to use the cellular wireless functions:
- Find the IMEI number on the camera or in the camera menu under SYS/ Information. Find the ICCID number on the SIM card. Go to www.att.com/buyasession.
- If you want to explore the rate plans, click on Compare Rate Plans > Tablets and Other Mobile Devices.
- Two of the popular plans are $14.99/month or $25.00/3-month.
- From the main page, either Establish New Prepaid Account or log in to your existing AT&T account.
- Proceed through the activation process. You will be given several opportunities to review and verify your information and choices before you actually pay for and activate your service. Note: The password must be 6 to 32 characters long with at least one number, one letter, and one special character (@#$%!^&).
- Please visit
- and input your MEID number for activation instruction. After you purchase the data service:
- Slide the power switch to the SETUP position. The camera will enter Preview mode.
The screen will display Searching network¦, then Verizon will appear at center top of the screen and the signal strength bars will show in the top right corner.(If the camera is not searching for network automatically, press the Menu button, navigate to the Wireless tab and then to Send Mode and make sure it’s on Instant. Then press Menu to go back to the Preview mode to make sure the camera finds the signal).
- Press the Menu button to access the Setup menu.
- Navigate to the Wireless tab (far right), then down to Diagnostic and press OK.
- With Activate/Data Reboot highlighted, press the OK button. A pop up box will show
- Dial *22899 (Please wait).
- Then you’ll see a message that says:
- Restarting. Please wait.
- (If the Dial *22899 window just disappears, restart the camera manually.)
You have two ways to operate: Email/MMS ONLY Mobile APP/ Web Portal
The Email/MMS Only option
- With the camera switch on SETUP, press Menu then navigate to the Wireless tab and then to Send Via.
- Set Send Via to GoWireless Auto then press OK.
- Scroll down to Recipients, and then press OK.
- On this page you can enter up to four recipients.
- Navigate to any entry box, press OK, then use the keypad to enter your email. This refers to both regular and cell phone email in the carrier’s email format (e.g., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Press the Del button to backspace and edit your entry.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the button containing the letter you want.
- With the cursor on the button containing the letter, press the OK key multiple times to get the letter you want. For example, to enter C, with the ABC button highlighted, quickly press the OK button 3 times.
- Highlight Save and press OK to exit.Keep pressing Menu to exit till it’s back to Preview mode.
The Mobile App/ Web Portal option
- With the camera in SETUP mode and logged into the network, press the Menu button, navigate to the Wireless tab and then to Send Via.
- With Send Via set to GoWireless Prem scroll down to Register Camera then press the OK button. A pop up box will show.
- Camera registering!
- Then you will see:
Module ID/ MEID: Axxxxxxxxxxxxx
Registration Code: xxxxx
- With the camera in SETUP mode and logged into the network, press the OK button to take a photo. The camera will ask you: Send this photo?
- With Yes selected, press the OK button to send. The camera will show:
- Check your email, phone, web account or mobile app for the picture.